Dedicated company Ecard creator Ecard Mint have been busy over the summer, developing the new website, and creating a range of B2C and B2B ecards for companies to send.
The website which can be found at www.ecardmint.com is due for full launch in early October 2013, but there is a lot to do before it can go live. Once the developers have completed all pages and the site is populated with animated and static ecards, a few round of testing will take place to ensure that everything is running smoothly and all technical glitches are ironed out before allowing the public access.
Ecards offer a wealth of potential applications and benefits for the business client.
- Christmas, birthday and other occasion-based greetings to customers and staff.
- Customer reward and appreciation ecards eg. thank you for your custom, sorry for a customer service issue, thank you for joining/renewing a subscription or membership, renewal reminder notice.
- Corporate announcements and events eg. company news, new shop/branch opening, change of address, key company milestones and successes, event/conference/exhibition invitations.
- Marketing communications and campaigns eg. launch of new products and services, sales/special offers/discounts, keeping business contacts warm without over-selling, engendering brand likeability, gaining at-desk attention with an animated mini-ad.
- Employee motivation, recognition and reward programmes eg. showing appreciation to staff and colleagues for a job well done, rewarding and celebrating staff achievements, acknowledging staff anniversaries/promotions/retirements, anncouncing office parties (Christmas, leaving, celebration, awards nights, etc).
- Charitable fundraising eg. thank you for donating, supporter contact and appreciation, updates on progress against fundraising targets.
At a time when competition for business is tough, companies must constantly be looking for ways to elevate themselves within their field. Making a donation to a charity is a powerful way in which companies can do just this by attracting consumers, retaining employees and improving their reputation.
Numerous studies have proven that by supporting philanthropic causes, companies do better; it attracts consumers and makes employees happier. Cone Inc. have carried out research that proves just this. In their 2008 study* they found that almost 80% of consumers stated that they would start using a different brand if they were associated with a good cause and an even greater proportion stated that when a company supports a cause that they care about, they have a more positive image of that company and are more likely to buy its products.
Ecard Mint corporate cards can help you integrate your charity donations into your marketing strategy by allowing you to add a ‘donate’ button to your card. Additionally, the relatively low cost of sending an ecard gives you the perfect opportunity to tell the recipients that you have donated the amount that you usually would have spent on sending printed cards on a donation to your dedicated charity.
This provides the perfect opportunity to tell you clients and partners about your social ethos. Get creative with the charity you support – choose a local charity to build connections with the community in which you work, or donate to a cause which relates to your business and affects your target audience.
*Cone, Inc. “Past. Present. Future. The 25th Anniversary of Cause Marketing Research Study.” Cone Cause Evolution Study” (2008):10.
There is, without doubt, an increasing amount of pressure on companies to demonstrate that they have a comprehensive corporate environmental policy. Due to the increased research into carbon emissions and energy efficiency in the past decade, it is vital that all companies, big and small, are doing what they can to lessen their impact on the environment. Corporate ecards constitute a cost-effective and creative way of doing just this by helping companies to ‘go green.’
No resources are used to make electronic cards and, because they don’t need to travel by land, sea or air to be delivered, they are an effective way of keeping carbon footprints low by avoiding excess fuel consumption. Sending corporate ecards also fits perfectly into the ‘paperless office’ strategy which is being adopted by companies around the world. Moreover, not only are you helping the environment by sending ecards but you are also making your business partners, clients and customers aware of your green ethos: ecards are a great way to let your target audience know that you’re serious about the environment and hence are a good corporate citizen. Company environmental policies are no longer a nice to have, but a need to have – and they’re here to stay.
Be, and be seen to be, a good corporate citizen.